Friday, June 21, 2013

Raise The Roof

Hello Again Friends,

I recently finished the Raise the Roof by Miss Rosie's Quilts.  I love patterns using Log Cabin blocks and to put stars in the mix...wonderful.  Miss Rosie's patterns just fit together so nicely.  Can you tell I am a fan of the Miss Rosie's Quilt patterns???  I even like to pull patterns that have been out a while and use my current fabrics.  The quilts look total different.  

I love how you can really see the Barn Raising layout when this quilt is spread out.  I used Civil War Fabrics from different designers to help give it a scrappy look and different color tones. The lights were all  tonal prints in tans and creams.  I think the piano key border is just beautiful and just accents the log cabin blocks.
 
 
 
I quilted the quilt with a stacked feather.  But it is really hard to see in the photo.  I used a piece of Judie Rothermel Civil War to back to quilt.  I had been holding on to the backing fabric for a while to find the right quilt.  I am so glad I waited.  It made a stunning back.
 
Thanks again for letting me share my quilt.  Next week I will share with you the quilt I hope to finish this weekend. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt , I have always wanted to make that quilt. It would be a good stash buster. The backing is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete