Friday, January 30, 2015

The Leader in Me Tree Quilt

Hello Friends,

I have just got back from my Daughter's school where I presented them with a signature quilt the kids helped make.  The school is following a program called The Leader in Me.  I was excited to help create a quilt that will hang in the school entry.


I sent fabric squares for each student to school along with a Fabric Signature Pen.  I used a Tee Juice Pen (I should say, several pens).  Pre-school and Kindergarten signed their names to the pieces for bark.  And 1st - 4th grade were all the leaves.


The kids signed their names to the block and cut out the leaf shape they wanted on the tree.
I collected all the leaves and bark pieces and appliquéd them to the tree.  I thought the tree needed a little color, so I made the ribbon and blue birds.  The school mascot is a red bulldog, so after many attempts of drawing a bulldog, this one was the best version.



Around the border of the quilt, I quilted the Seven Habits that the school uses in The Leader in Me program. 

How many leaves?  I lost count.  But there is about 420 students and I added a few blank leaves and bark pieces, so that if anyone is missing, we can have them sign it and not be left out.  

How many stitches?  A gazillion.  But now I have the appliqué bug again, and have been looking for some more things to stitch down.

Thanks for letting me share.
Cathy

10 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I know all the kids will be excited looking for their name. You know you have started something....lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a treasure ! Great job. Love the bulldog,too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Cathy, Wow!! What a fantastic contribution to the school!

    Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow…. What a great blog. I like this blog. Thanks for the sharing the superb information . Nice sharing and nice information… Unitized Substation

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPLAY TREES C Homework Help
    I like to reading your blog post. Its informative for me and others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a amazing blog. I am very glad to read your great blog. whatever you share information in you blog,this is so interesting for me. I get a such great update from you side. Thanks alots!
    Operations Research Online Homework Help

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write very interesting and febulas I will thanks you in that way. Stateflow Matlab

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article is very useful. I'm waiting for when you post your next article? Risk Reduction Homework Help

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I have the same thinking about this and I hope you will share more post on this topic PHP Programming Homework Help

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing the post.kindly visit us

    ReplyDelete