Monday, April 29, 2013

I have also finished up my version of the Regimental Stars by Red Crinoline Quilts (formerly Bonnie Blue Quilts).  I love all their patterns.


I used  Cotton Club by Marcus Fabrics for the Set - in triangles.  And I used solid Navy Moda Bella for the sashing. 

When quilting I have a hard time deciding what to do in the set-in triangles on all quilts on point.  But with my Christmas money from my parents I got some new rulers and I had be waiting for the right quilt to try using the Curved Crosshatch ruler.  Not all my arches are perfect.  But I was excited to be able to play with my new ruler.   
 

I also didn't like to see the cream thread cross over my sashing, so I decided to change to navy for quilting my sashing.  That was a lot a thread changes.  But it was worth it in the end. 
 
Thanks for letting me share my quilt today. 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. The navy sashing really sets it off and frames the blocks well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt. I really love that curved cross hatching. Can you point me in the right direction - a URL maybe - to buy rulers I can use to do that? Thanks. And yes - all those thread changes were definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine-looking Civil War reproductions quilt! I love seeing the close-up of all the beautiful fabrics, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love star pattern quilts and you did a lovely job on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! Are you going to kit it?

    ReplyDelete