Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Fancy Forest


So I have been seeing the Fancy Forest Pattern everywhere and decided that I needed to make it.            



So I spent two day at the shop just trying to get the colors right for my forest friends.  The pattern calls for 40 Fat Quarters.  So it took a while to get the colors just right for me.

But now it is hanging on our back wall at the shop.  And it makes me smile to see it finished.
  
 

I didn't have a large window of time to get it finished and didn't want to start it and have to put it away.  So I was a girl on a mission.  I started on Monday after work and made all the Foxes and Bunnies.  I might have spoiled myself because they were the easy ones.  Tuesday night I made the Owls, Wednesday night the Hedgehogs, Thursday night the Thistle and finally Friday I made the Firefly.  Saturday night I pieced all the blocks together to finished the top and Sunday I go up early to put it in my machine and quilt it.


Finished in one week.  I think the pattern is very well written.  I love the organization for cutting the pieces.  I used ziplock bags to keep each animal together and to keep it together for my piecing. The pattern also give directions for just doing one of the 4 color quadrants for a baby quilt size. 


On Friday night my daughter asked me to make her one just like it when I got finished making the shop sample.  I think the second one might have to wait a few weeks.


I quilted with a simple meander and backed the quilt with a grey and teal/green wave print.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment