Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hanover Stars

I have finished my version of the Hanover Stars by Red Crinoline Quilt. 

I used several Civil War fabrics. The pattern calls for 70 different fabrics.  



I used a solid Moda Bella sashing and made my corner stones from a very small scale black print.  


I just love how the solid star points just pop in the scrappy civil war print for backgrounds.



I used a tan Civil War Backing  and Tan thread.  I quilted using a damask pattern.  I used a Bamboo/Cotton Blended Batting for the first time.   It was so soft and nice.  I must say I LIKED IT.  


Just another close up of the star blocks.

Thanks for letting me share.
Cathy

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pattern, and I like it even better in your fabrics, fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your fabric choices, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. It would be nice to see a photo of the back as well. I'd love to see the quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! I love the Civil War fabrics and the way the stars just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First i avoided your answer coz i misinterpreted the avatar i thought it was an evil clown. Then i got happy coz i love both dr.seus and mike meyers. Then i looke away again coz i'm watching Cartoon network. Then i read your Q. Then i was gonna click to go back coz i'm on iPhone and there's no such ads here. Then i thought what the heck i csme i may as well answer. Furnace Transformers

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantabulous post this has been. . I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Solid star centers are very exquisite solution for this wonderful quilting! I guess there can be hardly better combination of the colors!

    ReplyDelete