Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lilly by Red Crinoline Quilts

I have just hung the Lilly I finished last week from the new Red Crinoline 2014 patterns.  The pattern called for 18 different lights for the background of the pieced blocks.  However, I thought it looked took away from all the piecing in the blocks.
 Lilly Pattern
The alternating squares are a rosie pink from the Pin Money Collection.  The pattern showed a bubble gum pink, but I like the aged look this piece brings to the pattern.

The blocks have 18 different prints from various civil war fabrics.
I quilted the quilt using a Large Feather.
This is my favorite block.  I am not usually a purple fan.  But I just love the little pop of color that the purple brings to the quilt.  

Thanks for letting me share.
Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful quilt, wow, love the purple block too, it adds the zing!
    another great finish
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete